CERTIFICATE IN FORENSIC ACCOUNTING
Recent cases of financial fraud underline the need for more professionals in the field of forensic accounting. This certificate provides a comprehensive study of corporate investigation and litigation support, including the investigation and prevention of financial reporting fraud.
This course is a MUST for those professional accountants (exclusively members of bodies properly registered with IFAC) wishing to pursue a career in Forensic Accounting as their prime option in their career or those wishing to obtain the essential knowledge in the field of forensic Accounting and litigation as an added skill for a wider personal and professional scope.
On completion of this program, students are issued a Certificate in Forensic Accounting by the Maaron Business School and are awarded the status of Approved Forensic Accounting professional by the Ministry of Employment and Professional Education in Cameroon, the umbrella ministry for ALL professional Bodies in Cameroon.
Upon completion of the program, students have acquired the following skills:
- Understanding of the key techniques in preventing fraudulent financial reporting.
- Understanding of the legal elements of fraud and other financial crimes.
- Ability to review financial statements for indicators of financial fraud and other related problems.
- Ability to support litigation teams in finance and accounting-related cases.
- Knowledge of the role of the forensic accountant as an expert witness.
This certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the Three courses:
- Introduction to Forensic Accounting
- Prevention and Detection of Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- Introduction to Litigation Consulting and Forensic Accounting
Course Duration:3 Months
- Application fee: USD 100 (payable on application)
- Course Fee: USD 500 (payable within 14 days after offer of admission is granted)
Course commencement :
- 15 January,
- 15 April,
- 15 July,
- 15 October
Latest Dates for application:
- 30 November for the January intake
- 28 February for the April Intake
- 30 May for the July intake,
- 30 August for the October intake,
How to Apply
Please note that admission to this program is highly competitive and applications are processed on a First in / First out basis. Prospective candidates are therefore advised to apply as soon as possible to make sure they secure a place in the next available session.
Applications to this course is opened exclusively for qualified accountants (Please note that we accept applications from a large number of countries in the world BUT WE MAY NOT ADMIT STUDENTS WHOSE QUALIFICATIONS ARE NOT RECOGNISED BY THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF ACCOUNTANTS (IFAC).
The application Package will include the following:
- One Hand written application from the candidate. (The candidates are encouraged to make a strong case of the reason why they wish to take this program).
- Evidence of qualification as a professional Accountant
- A copy of the candidate's CV
- Payment of the application fees of USD 100. (We accept payments by Bank Transfer or Western Union).
How to contact the Maaron business School:
Maaron Business School (Head Offices)
1er étage , Délégation de l'éducation 10 Rue Joffre, Akwa. Fixe: (+237)(0) 33 43 36 72, Tel: (+237) (0) 96 20 99 63
Maaron Kenya Liaison Office
Top Brass House Outer Ring Road Off Thika Super Highway, Next to Oil Libya P.O. Box 53915, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya Telephone: 0722 751 022, 0714 039689, 0788 61 7 749, 0738 574 189