BSc (Hons) in Accounting (Specially Tailored for Kasneb Students and Graduates)
This Bachelors Honours Degree is an exclusive degree offered to CPA students through a unique and innovative collaboration between Kasneb, Maaron Business School and the Bamenda University of Science and Technology.
Maaron Business School has entered into partnership with the Bamenda University of Science and Technology to offer you the opportunity of completing the BSc (Hons) in Accounting while studying for the internationally recognized Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential offered by KASNEB. This BSc (Hons) is the result of the recognition granted to the CPA examinations by colleges, universities and government bodies worldwide.
This course encompasses general management subjects such as finance, economics, law, business and computing, as well as the practical skills of the accountant.
Before accepting to advertise this innovative and value adding program inside the KASNEB's Newslines, KASNEB has sought the Commission for Higher Education's (CHE) opinion who have confirmed that:
(a) Bamenda University of Science and Technology (BUST) in Cameroon is a private university founded in 1995 and promoted by Industrial and Educational Development Ltd. (INDECO).
(b) BUST is fully recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education.
(c) The degrees and diplomas awarded by BUST are recognised in Cameroon and by convention in Kenya.
To be awarded this degree, students must:
- Pass the relevant examinations in the CPA examination scheme
- Study online and succesfully complete the "Strategic Management In Practice: a Case Study approach" course
- Study online and succesfully complete "Research methodology" course
- Complete a Research Project (RP), which particularly examines the ability of students to carry out research and analysis.
- You are also required to give a presentation (through teleconferencing) on the project to a faculty jury.
Rules and regulations
To be awarded the Bamenda University’s BSc (Hons) Degree in Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Maaron Business School (therefore registered with the University).
- Have successfully completed or be exempted ALL papers in Part 1 and Part 2 of the CPA (KASNEB) examinations scheme.
- Complete the two learning targets established as requirements for students to graduate [Strategic Management in Practice (case study approach) and Research Methodology],
- Complete and pass the approved research project within the time boundary of two trimesters.
- Make a presentation (through Teleconferencing) of your research project to a jury designated by the Faculty of Economics, Law and Management Sciences (FELMS).
The admissions are ongoing and BSc classes (fast track version for CPA part 2 holders) start in July and January of each year. You will be advised of the exact day by 2nd Week of January or July respectively.
- Registration CFA 150 000 (USD 334 or KSh 35 000)
- Full Course Fee CFA 850 000 ( USD 1900 or KSh 150 000) A discount of 20% applies for payment in a single instalment.
Fees are due in full on registration. However, installmental payments.
ALL amounts payable MUST be remitted directly to The School's main account. The details of the account will be made available to students upon registration.
Please note that ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE REMITTED TO THE SCHOOL ACCOUNT WITH ECOBANK CAMEROON.
Submission periods and time limits
Application and Registration dates are as follows:
- Latest date for application towards the July Intake 30 September
- Earliest date for application towards the July intake: 1 September
- Latest date for registration towards the July Intake: 30 October
- Latest date for application towards the January Intake: 31 December
- Earliest date for application towards the January intake: 1 November
- Latest date for registration towards the January intake: 30 January
How to Enrol
To enrol with Maaron Business School simply follow two easy steps:
1. Application: complete the Online application process at www.maarontraining.com and obtain an application confirmation letter that you must print and save.
2. finalise your enrolment by submitting your Application Confirmation letter along side with the required documentation with the relevant payment (the fees must be sent by wire transfer to our Bank Account ~ Note that ECOBANK PLC operates a Rapid Tranfer Service that can greatly ease the process) to the admission department. These Must be sent directly to MBS head Office in Cameroon ( EMS or DHL).